Loss of a Child


I have said so many times that there is always someone else who's problems are bigger than yours.

My husband and I are about to lose our business due to the economy not moving. We have a metal fabrication business and produced glass handling pallets for a glass company. We were affected as soon as the housing market took the tumble. We probably could have pulled through except we built a new facility that was going up as the market came down.

I wonder why it all came together for us only to have it taken away. Both of us losing our jobs and 2 of our sons and our other employees, makes me sometimes worry. I try not to worry because I know it doesn't help. I pray a lot about it.

Then the Haiti disaster and I know we will be fine. Our loss seams so small in comparison.

Now the death of a friends granddaughter.

The pain that the family is going through, I can't even imagine. She wasn't even two.

The loss of a child - to me - would be the ultimate pain. God knows this pain too.

God has a plan. We don't understand but we must have faith.


Dear God, Guide us through hard times and suffering. Give us the strength to keep faith in You. Amen