A Shepherds Story


It was a strange night in many ways. It was very bright last night - there was a star that was shining so bright that it lit up the fields. I could count my sheep easily.

I was just tending my sheep as usual, when suddenly I heard singing - beautiful singing, coming from the sky. I looked around to see if other shepherds could hear it as well and they were looking up at the sky too.

I was looking up and I thought I was seeing ghosts. The sky was shining with angels - many, many angels. We were all so frightened. We didn't know what it was. They were singing and they were not trying to scare us. They told us not to be fearful.
They told us that a King was born that very night. They told us that he was a King that loves us very much and wants us to tell others and come to see Him.

They told us to follow the shining star to the location were this great King could be seen.

I could see a beam of light shining down in the valley and I knew that is were I wanted to go as fast as I could.

I made my way to an area that housed animals. It was a cold place for a King to be born. I was wondering why a Queen would give birth to a King in such poor conditions.
As I got closer I could see the Mother of this great King. She was radiating beauty and warmth that seemed to be coming from the Infant.

The Infant King was illuminating a glow that created a reverence within me. I knew he was a special King, not like the others. I knew He would do great things. The feeling I had, caused me to kneel before the entry and bow my head to the great King Child.

I stayed for quite some time because it was so peaceful there. As more and more people started to arrive, I wanted to give them room to see as well. I got up, with anguish, and left this Holy sight.

I went as quickly as I could to spread the good news about this great King.