The Start of Advent


Advent starts this Sunday, November 29th.

My daughter found a website with Christmas Carols:
http://christmassongbook.net/

I am a catechist and so many of the children I teach don't know the traditional Christmas Carols. We need to bring back this tradition and incorporate new Christmas music as well.

The true meaning of Christmas gets lost in the Black Friday fliers and trying to decide the perfect Christmas gift for family and friends.

Last year as some of my gifts to family and friends, we gave the gift of food to the poor and fruit trees to the poor. It is a gift that you give to someone and they understand the true meaning. The trees and food went to people living in poverty, but the gift of the gift went to my family and friends.

Set up a family advent wreath and set aside time each week to meditate and pray.

Have a Blessed Advent Season!