The Car

I need to say that I have a car that I like and enjoy driving. Now I have had other nice vehicles, but for some reason this one is "special".

I hate that I like this car because it is so not like me to enjoy an object this much.

I haven't had it long, about 6 months and I still enjoy looking at it, I know, that is very bad!

Well, to make a long story as short as possible - I was coming home from picking up my youngest daughter from practice about a month ago. A dog jetted across the road and unfortunately, he and my car did not get along - the worse being, the dog died on the scene.

It was dark and I was very shaken that I had killed someones dog and my daughter had seen it, I think that was the worse part.

Well, when I got home and in the yard light, I noticed the damage to my car. I was frustrated because I have a $750 deductible and that was what I was thinking about, fixing the car.

My car got fixed, good as new! My insurance company got me my deductible back.

I was in Minneapolis yesterday for about nine hours and my car was in a parking ramp. I hadn't even deposited the check from the insurance company yet.

I don't like to drive in large cities, so I asked my older daughter to drive home. There were 5 of us in the car. I got in on the passenger side and she got in on the drivers side. We were excited to head for home so we all filed in the car and off we went.

When she got on the highway she noticed a tiny piece of paper stuck under the wiper. We didn't think much of it as we thought it was someone advertising something and we were on the highway and couldn't stop anyway. We drove about 15 miles to where her car was parked. When she parked, she reached out and grabbed the tiny remnant of paper.

The look on her face told it all as she whipped her body around to look at the car.

"Mom, someone hit your car in the parking ramp!" She knew how much I "like" my car. I was nervous just parking in a parking ramp and I commented on it. I will park at the FAR end of a parking lot just so I don't get door jammed! In Minneapolis, especially on an event day, you are at the mercy of ramps.

Now I look at the car in a whole new way. Nothing that doesn't breath should be "liked" that much, ever.

I look at it as God smacking me back to reality! "It is only a car Cindy!" He would say!

Truly I thank God for this second incident with the car, for a few reasons.
The first being that the fellow that hit my car was nice enough to leave me a note and that it didn't blow away. Second, that I will never "like" anything that much that doesn't like you back!