A Slow Recovery and Coal for Greed

I have been very blessed these last couple weeks. The prayers are paying off and we have been getting quite a bit of business - seems like the economy is finally starting to trudge forward with baby steps.

I will continue to pray for more work and I am thanking God for the work we have. Every order that we get can either work to save our company or at the very least, keep us getting a paycheck that much longer. I have hope for a recovery.

Thank you for your prayers!

Now on to another issue that has been bothering me since I heard about it. Those miners killed in the West Virginia coal mine.... I send my deepest condolences to the families of those people killed.

What bothers me most about this is the blatant disrespect for human life all for money. I was appalled when I heard that the CEO of that company makes over $16 Million per year. I also read somewhere that he made up to $38 Million in a year. I am sorry, but no one deserves that kind of money and no one should make that kind of money at the expense of others.

This sentence was taken from Associated Press:
"Massey Energy Co., which owns the Upper Big Branch mine, was fined more than $382,000 in the past year for repeated serious violations involving its ventilation plan and equipment."

The money that was wasted on fines and salaries could have been used to make the mine safer. $15 million per year could have went a long, long way to creating better air quality and safer conditions for the people that had to work there to survive, which ultimately led to their death. And for the people that will be going back to work there, knowing that the mine is unsafe and they have colleagues, friends and family members that perished there.

A very sad situation to be put into.

Greed - pure and simple.

Greed is one of the seven deadly sins.

Greed led to the death of these people and that will follow everyone that knew the dangers and didn't make it right.