Treat Loved Ones with Respect


I just had an interesting experience. My daughter had a couple of friends over night and we were all up and the girls left. I was sitting with my back to the door and someone opened the door and I felt a cool draft on my feet. I instantly said "shut the door" and not in a nice manner, but with a raised voice and angry tone. To my surprise one of my daughters friends said, "Oh, I am sorry, I forgot my bag." Of course I was embarrassed and apologized.

I wouldn't have felt emabarrassed or apologized to my daughter. Why? Why do we treat others with the respect they deserve and not our loved ones.

That was quite a wake up call for me. I do get annoyed with my husband and my family sometimes. If I wouldn't say it to others, I shouldn't say it to them.

God, lead me and guide me to have the strength to avoid the temptation to not honor and respect my family the way that I would honor and respect others. Amen.