Know My Smallness

As we busily go through our days, we sometimes feel that our burdens are greater than we can bear. I feel like I am in this time and place ~ bigger than life. I feel that my worries and problems are immense. I need to pull myself back and realize that I am truly mynute.

As we go on with our daily lives, we should stop and think about the great beyond. I sometimes sit and think about my smallness. I look to the sky and think about what is beyond all that I can see and it bewilders the mind. It is so vast that even our great scientists can't explain it. Where does it end? - It doesn't end. That is when I find myself knowing that I am nothing but a small particle in the makeup of it all - but God still loves me and takes care of me. With that in mind I find it easier to deal with my daily burdens and see that they are small also in comparison.

I like to know my smallness. I like to know that God cares for all. I like to know, even in this whole huge universe, that God knows our every move and wether we believe it or not, he is leading us to where we should be. Where we belong. Sometimes we chose not to follow and sometimes we don't like where we are going.

Lead us Lord.
Help us to remember our smallness so we can accept all things.
Open our hearts and minds to let you lead us.
Amen.