Feeling the Pressure

I, like so many others in the "Great Recession", am feeling the pressure. I am getting worn thin. I wouldn't make a very good sandwich at this point, I wouldn't fill you up!

That is why I haven't had much to say on my blog. I am in a dark phase right now and struggling to get back to the light.

Our manufacturing business has been feeling the effects of the economy for over 2 years. I know so many people that are in the same situation or worse off. All any of us can do is keep searching for work and pray that we can hang on to what we have worked our whole live's for. For many, it won't be possible to hang on to it. Many have lost it already.

As the recession drags on, there are some good things to take from it. Families are getting back to ways of the past. They are not buying so much for their children and themselves, and they don't need it! That is something good to take from this.

Families are praying more. Even if it comes at the lowest times for them, atleast they are praying and coming back to God.

I am feeling so weak and not in control right now and it is not a feeling I like. It is very hard to let go of the situation and place it in God's hands. I have been very bitter and carrying a great deal of anger and frustration with me the past few months and it keeps a wall between me and God.

It is hard to write this today because it is making me look face to face with the negativity that is surrounding my life.

Dear God,
Bless everyone that is struggling with anything. We all have our crosses, help us to bear them as Jesus bore His. Give us the strength to let go of our frustrations and anger and to step aside and watch You be in control.
Amen.